My Guide Website?
Jakarta: Old Batavia Guided Coach Tour16 Reviews
Discover the history of Jakarta on this 7-hour guided coach tour. Explore the Old Batavia district and see its museums, neighborhoods and cultural offerings.
- Discover the Colonial Era history of Old Batavia
- Walk through the traditional market in Glodok, Jakarta's Chinatown
- Visit the National Museum and the Jarkarta History Museum
- Learn facts and hear stories from your knowledgable guide
DescriptionDrive through the streets of Jakarta’s historic district and pass by the Dutch-style structures dating back to the 17th-century. Learn about the history of the city with visits to the National Museum, Kota Intan, and Jakarta’s Chinatown as you travel in an air-conditioned minivan. Enjoy the convenience of being picked up from your accommodation in Jakarta. Visit the National Museum and see its collection of artifacts from Jakarta’s different ethnic groups. Admire the museum’s costumes, musical instruments, model houses, and fine bronzes from the Hindu-Javanese period. The museum also houses stone pieces from the temples Central Java and a superb display of Chinese ceramics. Explore Glodok, Jakarta’s Chinatown and a vibrant banking, trading, and entertainment hub. Stop at the Petak Sembilan Chinese Temple dedicated to the Buddhist goddess of Mercy Kuan Yin. Learn about the history of the Batavian Chinese from your guide. Make your way to the Jakarta History Museum (Fatahillah Museum). The museum is housed in the old town hall of Batavia, reminding onlookers of Indonesia’s time as a Dutch colony. Continue to the Wayang Museum and see its collection of Javanese puppets. Afterwards, drive over the Kota Intan Drawbridge, the last drawbridge in Jakarta. Visit Sunda Kelapa Harbor, once the heart of Jakarta's maritime trade. During the colonial era, the harbor was known as the “Roads of Batavia” and was the only entrance to Batavia. After visiting the harbor you will be brought back to your hotel.
IncludesLocal guide Driver Air-conditioned minivan Bottled water Hotel pickup and drop-off Entrance fees Lunch Gratuities
- Please note, this tour contains a moderate amount of walking. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are included in this tour. Please specify your hotel name and address upon booking. The exact pickup time will be confirmed by the local partner one day prior to your activity.
- Please note, the National Museum is closed to the public on Monday and during public holidays. If the museum is closed during your visit, the tour will visit Jakarta Cathedral and Istiqlal Mosque instead.
- Jakarta History Museum (Fatahillah Museum) is closed to the public every Monday and on public holidays. If the museum is closed during your visit, the tour will visit the antique and flea market in Jalan Surabaya instead.
- Please note, times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.