My Guide Website?
Jakarta: Old Batavia Historical Guided Walking Tour2 Reviews
Explore the glory of colonial Jakarta in this 3-hour guided walking tour. Visit historical sites in the old town and view the area's wonderful architecture.
- Visit the historical sights of the Batavia district
- Admire Jakarta's wonderful mix of modern and colonial architecture
- Visit some of the oldest museums in Jakarta: including the Jakarta History Museum, and the Puppet Museum and more
- Treat yourself to the best of Jakarta's famous street food
DescriptionTake a trip back in time to the colonial past of the “the Queen of the East.” Explore Jakarta's historical district of Batavia and learn about the events that have shaped the city's history. Meet your guide in the heart of Kota Tua. Stop at the Old Railway Station and admire the Dutch Colonial architecture. Visit the Museum Bank Indonesia which is located in Indonesia’s former central bank. Learn about the development of Indonesia through its commerce. Examine the Jakarta History Museum’s collection of artifacts including objects from the Dutch East Indies Company, historic maps, and archeological objects from the prehistoric era such as ancient inscriptions and swords. Hop on a bike for a scenic ride past old town’s main attractions. Arrive at the Puppet Museum, a space dedicated to traditional Javanese puppets. Admire the paintings, sculptures, and ceramics of Indonesia’s finest artists at the Museum of Fine Arts and Ceramics. End your tour with a taste of Jakarta’s famous street food.
IncludesTour guide All entrance tickets Street food market tour Bike rental Local snacks Lunch Insurance
- Please wear comfortable clothing, and shoes or sandals for walking.
- Please note, it is not advised not to wear tank tops, sleeveless shirts, or revealing shorts during the tour.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now