My Guide Website?
Jakarta : Highlights Tour Jakarta Full Day4 Reviews
Explore Jakarta's rich history, art, traditions, and spirituality through its extensive collection. Experience the rich cultural heritage of Jakarta and Indonesia.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Jakarta:If youʻre booking your trip to Jakarta last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore iconic landmarks and historical sites in Jakarta City
- Unveil the rich history and architectural splendor of Jakarta City
- Explore iconic landmarks, from the National Monument to grand mosques and church
- Discover the story of Indonesia's independence at the Proclamation Monument.
- Discover 190,000 objects of historical value at the National Museum Jakarta
DescriptionWelcome to Jakarta City, an immersive journey through the vibrant cultural tapestry of Indonesia's capital city. Get ready to explore iconic landmarks, delve into history, witness architectural marvels, and experience the charm of antique markets. Your adventure begins with the awe-inspiring National Monument (Monas). Towering proudly at the heart of Jakarta City, this towering structure is a symbol of Indonesia's independence. Ascend to the observation deck and be rewarded with breathtaking panoramic views of the city skyline. Next, you'll visit the National Museum, where you'll embark on a captivating exploration of Indonesian history, art, and culture. The museum's vast collection showcases artifacts, relics, traditional costumes, and artworks that span centuries, providing valuable insights into the nation's rich heritage. This tour then takes you to the majestic Istiqlal Mosque, the largest mosque in Southeast Asia. Its stunning architecture and serene atmosphere create a sense of tranquility and spirituality. Take a moment to appreciate the intricate details and peaceful ambiance as you immerse yourself in this important place of worship. Continuing your journey, you'll arrive at Cathedral Jakarta, an architectural masterpiece that represents the religious diversity of the city. The cathedral's grandeur and intricate design are a testament to Jakarta's rich history and multicultural fabric. Step inside to admire the stunning stained glass windows, towering spires, and the peaceful ambiance that envelops this sacred place. Next, you'll venture to Antique Markets Jakarta or known as Surabaya Street, where time seems to stand still amidst a bustling maze of shops. Explore the vibrant stalls filled with unique treasures, vintage artifacts, and traditional crafts. Engage with local antique dealers, learn about the stories behind each item, and perhaps find a hidden gem to take home as a cherished memento. your final stop is the Proclamation Monument in central Jakarta, a significant landmark that commemorates Indonesia's declaration of independence. Here, you'll gain a deeper understanding of the nation's struggles and triumphs as you stand in the very place where history was made. Take a moment to reflect on the courage and determination that shaped Indonesia's path towards freedom. Throughout the tour, your knowledgeable guides will provide fascinating insights, historical, and cultural context, enriching your experience of Jakarta's highlights. Immerse yourself in the city's vibrant energy, taste local delicacies, and capture memorable moments against the backdrop of these remarkable destinations. Get ready to be enchanted by the cultural heritage, architectural splendor, and the warmth of Indonesian hospitality.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off English Speaking Tour Guide Driver Air-conditioned transport Toll and Parking Fees Bottled water Entrance Fee to National Museum Entrance Fee to National Monument Entrance Fee to Historical National Indonesia Museum Entrance Fee to Proclamation Monument Donation to Istiqlal Mosque Donation to Cathedral Church
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are included in this tour. Please specify your hotel name, room number and address upon booking. The exact pickup time will be confirmed by the local partner one day prior to your activity.
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- This tour contains a moderate amount of walking. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Every Mondays and a public holiday, all Museums are closed, the tour will visit an alternative landmark on these days.
- Every Friday, the Istiqlal mosque is closed for religious purposes. However, you could stop outside the mosque.