My Guide Website?
From Jakarta: Bogor Botanical Gardens, with all Artists
Enjoy Bogor city, most Bogor tour focus on its natural charms, and arts. Find the artist will gladly unveil the meaning behind their works. Visit a world-class tropical research and education garden.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Jakarta:If youʻre booking your trip to Jakarta last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Bogor is a must-visit for gardeners and anyone with an interest in tropical plan
- Watching batik making processing and try with your art style
- Watch making Wayang Golek in the traditional manner, and try by own
- The last traditional gong factory in West Java and find metal smiths making gong
DescriptionStart your day bright and early as we depart from Jakarta City to Bogor, or we called rain city, located just 52 kilometers away. First in Bogor Tour, it is better to learn a little bit history of Bogor Botanical Gardens. In the past, it was part of an artificial forest called Samida (during the reign of King Siliwangi of Sunda Kingdom). That means the park has been there since 1474. In terms of size, Bogor Botanical Gardens is indeed vast. It has the total area of 87 hectares and has become the home of 15,000 species of trees and plants located among streams and lotus ponds. Including 400 kinds of palm and more than 5,000 kinds of orchid varieties from various region in Indonesia. Many of the trees are centuries old. The beautiful art come from bogor city near by Bogor Botanical Garden, and find the artist will gladly unveil the meaning behind their works of Batik painting by hand. You can choose the right kind of stuff you want and trying to make batik by your self then take it home as your souvenir from Bogor City. Then will take you to visit factory it was operated since 1963. Visitors could watch making Wayang Golek in the traditional manner, trying to paint and makes puppet. Wayang golek is an art that uses wooden sculpture with a different shape and character. Bogor Gong Factory is continous history that exist until nowadays. A factory that already exist since 200 years. It supplies traditional orchestras, there are several gongs of various sizes in the “gamelan”, or typical Indonesian orchestra. You will see craftsmen, the last heirs of these ancestral skills, sweating over enormous pieces of leather and white iron in this workshop that is proud to have been operating for seven generations. Visitors can watch metal smiths making gongs in the traditional manner.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off English Speaking Tour Guide Driver Air-conditioned transport Toll and Parking Fees Meals & Drinks Bottled water Entrance Fee to Bogor Botanical Gardens Entrance Fee to Gong Making Factory Entrance Fee to Wayang Golek Making Factory Entrance Fee to Batik Making Factory
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are included in this tour. Please specify your hotel name and address upon booking. The exact pickup time will be confirmed by the local partner one day prior to your activity. Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions. This tour contains a moderate amount of walking. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes.